Special Thanks to PCRM (Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine) for letting me share this recipe with you that I’ve been absolutely Zippy crazy for since I made it the first time! This has become a weekly dish that I make at my house! (Makes 4 servings)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced (I’ve used a medium onion)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced (I like more!)
- 1/4 cup water or vegetable broth
- 2 yams or sweet potatoes, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 bunch collard greens (~1/2 pound), rinsed and stems removed
- 1 tablespoon vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Thai chili paste (make sure there is no fish in the paste)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teasooon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Start by chopping the onion and garlic cloves.
Place chopped onion and garlic into the skillet/wok over medium heat and saute until fragrant.
Add yams or sweet potatoes and water/vegetable broth. (I usually just cook it all in vegetable broth).
Place cover on and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in collards and cover. Keep temperature on medium for 3-4 minutes. Reduce temperature to low.
Add vegetarian Worcestershire sauce and chili paste.
Simmer until the collards are soft and the yams or sweet potatoes are soft when pierced with a fork. Add salt and pepper to taste. Squeeze lemon over the mixture and serve. Voila! It’s that easy – this dish takes about 15 minutes to make.
Mmm, tasty! Enjoy!
Health & Happiness!
~Urban Vegan Chic